UAE is a startup hotspot with a rapidly growing economy. As a result, there are many new businesses and entrepreneurs emerge every day. With so much competition, how can startups in UAE set themselves apart and get noticed?
Content marketing is one way to do this.
Brand-specific content strategies that consider how the content will be conceptualized, planned, and shared are what we call content marketing.
Without it, you won’t be able to get started or establish yourself as an authority.
But why is content marketing so important for startups in UAE?
If you’re a startup in the United Arab Emirates, content marketing should be a key part of your growth strategy. Here’s why:
Content marketing helps you boost your brand’s presence online and establishes your brand as a trustworthy industry expert.
This is especially important in UAE, where people are constantly online and increasingly doing their research before making a purchase.
Furthermore, growing your startup requires bringing in new leads and prospects to generate potential new revenue.
Content marketing can help you do both by creating valuable content that speaks directly to your target audience.
Last but not least, content marketing is an extremely cost-effective way to market your business. When done correctly, it can provide an ROI that far exceeds other traditional marketing channels.
Why do Startups Need it?
There are many reasons why startups need content marketing, but here are 10 of the most important ones:
- Helps you build trust with your audience.
- Establishes you as an authority in your industry.
- It allows you to connect with your audience on a deeper level.
- Drive traffic to your website and helps you generate leads.
- Helps you to stand out from the competition.
- Build relationships with other businesses and influencers.
- Give you the opportunity to show off your company culture.
- It can be used to launch new products or services.
- It provides key performance indicators that can be used to improve your business strategy.
- It gives you enough information to plan your email marketing campaigns.
These are just some of the benefits that content marketing can provide for startups in the UAE.
If you’re a startup in the UAE, there’s no reason not to give content marketing a try – it could very well be the key to your success!
What are the steps to get started?
Here are 7 basic steps for an effective content marketing strategy that can be implemented by a startup:
- Establish Your Goals
- Define Your Customer Persona
- Research Your Competitors
- Topic Analysis to Define your Content Strategy
- Audit Existing Content
- Identify your Channels and Resources
- Devise Your Strategy
Types of Content to Create
There are different types of content that can be created and some content types perform better for some industries, however, below are 10 that will work across all industries. Remember that the key is to create high-quality content regardless of the content type.
- A company blog is a great way to share your company’s story, build thought leadership and establish your brand.
- Social media posts on selected channels in your industry are a great way to get your name and your company’s name out there. Remember to not just share, but to tweak the content for each channel depending on its consumption pattern.
- Creating infographics is a great way to make complex data more digestible and easy to understand.
- Videos are a great way to show off your company culture and get people interested in what you do.
- Creating an e-book or white paper is a great way to show off your company’s expertise on a particular topic.
- Hosting a webinar is a great way to generate leads and build relationships with potential customers.
- Creating an email newsletter is a great way to keep people updated on what’s going on with your company and drive traffic back to your website.
- Creating downloadable templates or tools is a great way to offer value to your audience and generate leads at the same time.
- Holding contests or giving away freebies is a great way to generate interest in your company and build up your social media following.
- Offering discounts or coupons is a great way to generate sales and promote loyalty among your customer base.
When creating content the first step is understanding what kind of content will be the most successful in driving results for your startup.
Next, set up a content calendar with realistic timelines to create, edit, add supporting visuals, optimize, review, publish and promote.
All content pieces should go through these stages to get the best results.
The Most Successful Ways of Content Marketing for Startups in UAE - Tips & Tools
To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most successful ways to go about content marketing for startups in the UAE.
1. Find Trending Topics in the Industry
One of the best ways to get started with content marketing is to search for new industry hot topics.
This will ensure that your content is always fresh and relevant, and it will also help you to get a feel for what kind of content is resonating with your audience.
You can use a tool like Google Trends to see what topics are currently trending in your industry, or you can set up Google Alerts for key terms related to your business.
Once you have a good understanding of what topics are popular right now, you can start creating content around those topics.
Tip: Setting up a Google alert for your competitor’s domain helps you know when there is new activity around their site.
2. Guest Post on High Authority Sites
Another great way to get your startup’s name out there is to submit guest posts to reputable & trustworthy sites.
This will not only help you to reach a larger audience, but it will also give you the opportunity to build relationships with other businesses in your industry.
When searching for guest posting opportunities, be sure to target sites that are relevant to your business and that have a high Domain Authority score.
You can check the Domain Authority of any site using a tool like Moz’s Open Site Explorer.
A simple google search like “Top 10 industry experts in [Industry name]” should do the trick here. Tweak the search with more intent to get the best list and check for guest post opportunities.
3. Use Visual Content
In today’s visually-driven world, it’s important to make sure that your content has visual appeal. This means incorporating images, videos, infographics, and other types of visuals into your posts. Studies have shown that posts with visuals tend to perform better on social media and they are also more likely to be shared by users. Adding visuals to your content will help it to stand out from the crowd and it will also make it more engaging for readers.
4. Involve Industry Influencers
If you really want to make waves with your content marketing, one of the best things you can do is involve industry influencers in your content creation process. This could mean asking them to contribute guest posts, conducting interviews with them, or even just mentioning them in your posts. Getting the attention of influencers can help you reach a larger audience and it can also give you valuable insights into what kinds of content are most successful within your industry.
Tools like Followerwonk can help you to find social media influencers in your industry who may be open to guest posting opportunities.
5. Repurpose content on social media
One of the best ways to get the most out of your content is to repurpose it on social media. This means taking one piece of content and targeting different platforms with it. For example, if you write a blog post, you could create an infographic from that post and share it on Pinterest or Instagram. You could also create a video from the blog post and share it on YouTube or Facebook. By repurposing your content, you’ll be able to reach more people with minimal effort.
Unfortunately, we haven’t found a great tool to repurpose content for all platforms based on the content consumption pattern. In fact, our team has created workflows for each platform to repurpose content, and it’s actually not that difficult.
6. Find and Write about Specific Topics
If you really want your startup content marketing efforts to pay off, one thing you should focus on is writing about niche topics and targeting long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are specific phrases that searchers use when they are looking for very specific information. For example, “running shoes for women” is a long-tail keyword. If you can target these types of keywords with your content, you’ll be more likely to rank higher in search engine results pages and drive more traffic to your website.
These are six essential tips and tools for any startup looking to get ahead with its content marketing in UAE.
Keep these tips in mind as you create new pieces of content and watch as your traffic and engagement numbers skyrocket.
Wrap up - Does content marketing for startups in UAE work?
Yes, content marketing for startups in UAE works. As you can see, content marketing is an essential tool for startups in UAE who want to succeed in the competitive landscape. If you’re not already using content marketing as part of your overall strategy, now is the time to start.
Not sure where to begin?
The team at Idea Labz can help! We can work with you to develop a customized plan that will help you achieve your business goals based on your content marketing budget. Get in touch with us to learn more!